My daughter is not allergic to tree nuts, and while it is one of the “top 8” we consider ourselves so lucky that she can enjoy (safe) tree nuts – from almonds to walnuts and everything in between.
When we found out that she wasn’t allergic to tree nuts we were so excited but quickly learned finding tree nuts not processed in a same facility with peanuts was not an easy feat, but I was determined.
My husband’s favorite cookie by far is White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut ones – he loves them… and hasn’t had a taste of them since before my daughter was born.
A couple of weeks ago I finally found macadamia nuts that were safe for my daughter… and then found safe white chocolate chips which are very difficult to find as well. While all of my past recipes for White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies included eggs I knew I had to make these cookies for my husband and made some adjustments and they turned out wonderful!
There are different ways to substitute eggs and in cookies I usually find it the most challenging as they are less forgiving than cakes. For this recipe I tried applesauce at first but found the cookies to be too soft, so I adjusted the other ingredients and this recipe came out as the winner!
It was my daughters first time trying white chocolate and she was stealing the chips off the plate as I was taking photos! She loved the chips and the cookies.
This recipe is also gluten-free. With the new 1-1 gluten-free baking flours it makes it much easier to bake gluten-free without having to run to the store for special flours or ingredients. If you don’t need to back gluten-free of course you can easily substitute non-gluten-free flour.
I also halved the butter in the recipe and did half butter, half coconut oil. The cookies held together well with the nuts and chocolate chips. You can eliminate the coconut oil and replace with butter if you prefer.
Like most cookies in my book these were very addictive and the white chocolate just melts in your mouth.
They are sweet and buttery and slightly chewy…. and did I mention delicious… I scored major brownie points with these! Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 cup (Gluten-Free) flour
- 1 cup (Gluten-Free) Oat flour (oats grinder into flour)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup chopped Macadamia Nuts
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees
- In a medium bowl mix flour, oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, coconut oil, and sugars until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla and sugar.
- Add flour mixture into wet mixture. Mix throughly.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop by spoonful onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on rack for a couple minutes then transfer to cool on wire racks.
- You may substitute non-gluten-free flour for regular all-purpose if you do not need to eat gluten-free.