October is here! Fall is here! And that means pumpkin everything and if you’re like me you are happy for the Fall weather and change of seasons, and all of the pumpkin goodies.
I made this bread a couple times already and it was a big hit in our home. It’s very flavorful and the smell in the house while it’s cooking is wonderful. The bread is super moist and can be shared among the family even if they don’t have food allergies or are gluten-free, they will enjoy it.
I also love how versatile this is and that this bread can really be enjoyed at time of the day.
This recipe works well with regular flour as well, if you don’t need it to be gluten / wheat free.
One tip if using gluten-free flour, be sure not to over mix the batter.
Happy October and Happy Fall! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups of one-to-one gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbls. cinnamon and 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup rice milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1. Prevent oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Line an 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine flour, cane sugar, baking soda, 1 tsp. cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- 4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, unsweetened applesauce, and rice milk).
- 5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- 6. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and 2 Tbls. of cinnamon. Set aside.
- 7. Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan.
- 8. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
- 9. Pour remaining batter on top.
- 10. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
- 11. Using a butter knife, draw some lines through the batter to mix the brown/sugar cinnamon through.
- 12. Bake for 48 to 52 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in center of bread.
- 13. Allow to cool on a rack for about 45 minutes before removing from pan.