Wahoo! I am excited about the upcoming Kids with Food Allergies (KFA) Strides for Safe Kids Mall Walk & Expo!
This is their 6th annual event and it will be our first time in attendance. Since we weren’t diagnosed with food allergies until after last years walk I didn’t even know Kids with Food Allergies existed or knew anything about their event even though it’s local to us.
Now I know a ton about KFA and their walk. I met with them last week to discuss our new food allergy support group and they will let us have a table at the event to hand out information about our new group and hopefully get some other local families to join.
We’re planning on getting a team together for the event and fundraising for KFA. Registration is free and I am hoping I can get some of my family members to join us as well. Here are the logistics:
Sunday, September 7, 2014
Registration opens at 9am
Walk and Fundraiser 10am – 1pm
The event features:
- Allergy-friendly businesses and free samples
- 5K walk around the mall (7 laps)
- Interactive performance by “Food Allergies Rock” musician Kyle Dine
- Award-winning family-friendly magic of Kyle and Kelly
- Book signing by Colette Martin, author of the “Allergy Free Pantry” and “Learning to Bake Allergen Free”
- Activities for children and more!
Below is the flyer for the event. I’ve participated in a ton of charity races and events throughout my life, but this is the only one that truly “hits home” and we cannot wait to start a new tradition for our family and the new food allergy support group family too.
If you are local and free on September 7th please join my family and support KFA.