It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted but I’m back today with a delicious tasting new recipe that is utterly addicting! I found out recently that SunButter is having a contest where you submit your favorite stir-in recipe using SunButter, with a chance to win a case of SunButter. This would surely go quickly in our home, we love SunButter!
Last summer I entered their snack contest with my SunButter Magic Shell recipe, and although I didn’t win I’m back to try again with a new recipe for SunButter Chocolate Pretzel Bark. While this might not look like the most appetizing dessert/snack, you have to trust me on this one, it’s really delicious and also super simple to make. Requires no turning on the oven, you just melt the chocolate over the stove or more easily in the microwave.
One of the hardest parts about making chocolate bark is waiting for it to cool down, which my daughter and I both had a hard time doing. We both loved licking the spoon with the SunButter and white chocolate mixture, it was super delicious.
This dessert/snack is peanut, tree nut, egg, and dairy free. Just be sure to use your go-to brands for chocolate! You can also make this gluten-free by using gluten-free pretzels.
- 1 cup SunButter sunflower seed spread (I used Organic but any variety would work)
- 1 cup white chocolate (morsels work well)
- 1 cup dark chocolate (morsels work well)
- 1 cup chopped salted pretzels
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave on low, stirring frequently. Be sure not to overcook or burn.
- Remove from stove/microwave once all white chocolate is melted and stir in SunButter until thoroughly mixed.
- Melt dark chocolate in a separate pot or double boiler or in microwave on low, again stirring frequently. Be sure not to overcook or burn.
- After the dark chocolate is melted remove from heat and stir in the chopped pretzels.
- Spread the white chocolate/SunButter mixture onto the parchment lined cookie pan.
- Evenly distribute the dark chocolate/pretzel mixture over the white chocolate/Sunbutter mixture.
- Take a knife and fold the dark chocolate/pretzel mixture through the white chocolate/Sunbutter mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours. Once completely cooled break apart into pieces.
SunButter is one of our go-to products that we use in our household so when I saw their most recent contest I just knew I had work up a new recipe. Hope you’ll give it a try because I know you’re gonna love this SunButter Chocolate Pretzel Bark too!
Sign up to get the latest buzz from Busy Bee Kate here: