I know it’s October and S’mores are so summer, but I still wanted to share this delicious recipe with you because it makes it so easy to bring the taste of summer indoors and come the dead of winter many will be longing for the taste of summer.
These s’mores squares are so easy to make and without all the mess of making a typically s’more (although granted probably also a tad less fun.)
Using canned condensed coconut milk these are squares are made from a base of crushed graham crackers with added chocolate chunks and marshmallows. And by using a couple of other staple ingredients you’re sure to have on-hand in the kitchen you will be all set.
My daughter and I made these together and they are a great recipe to have kids help with. Using boxed graham crackers my daughter loved to help with counting them out and adding them into the food processor. If you don’t have a food processor or blender, just place them in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
And if you’re having a bbq, picnic, or woodland theme party these make a great dessert for your guests. You can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd (or just for your family cause they are sure to go fast!)
These s’mores squares are so ooey and gooey just like those you make over the campfire, and once you take one bite into them it’s gonna be hard to stop!
Serve these with a glass of your favorite allergy-friendly milk and you’ll be set for the perfect treat.
If you don’t need these to be dairy-free, simply chose regular canned condensed milk, as well as your favorite chocolate chips.
Grab this easy recipe below, it will have you remembering the long days of summer in no time!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 graham cracker sheets)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11.25 oz can of condensed coconut milk (Nature's Charm)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (or chips)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease 8 x 8 inch square pan. Set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt in a medium/large bowl.
- Pour condensed coconut milk over dry ingredients. Add vanilla extract.
- Mix condensed coconut milk and vanilla extract with dry ingredients throughly.
- Gently fold in chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows.
- Press mixture into pan and bake in oven for 22-25 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven and cool pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve.
- If you don't need to make these dairy free you can use regular condensed milk, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.