Disclosure: I applied to participate in the Golden Girl Granola and received Golden Girl Granola for free. My opinions are my own and I was not paid or required to write this review or create this recipe.
Last year I discovered Golden Girl Granola and participated in their blogger challenge with a recipe for Home Sweet Honey Peach Granola Crumble. This recipe is easy to make, full of amazing flavor and texture, and is perfect for the warm summer months. This year I decided to create something a little different for the blogger challenge, Vegan Bluesberry Granola Pancakes, using Golden Girl Bluesberry variety.
If you haven’t heard of Golden Girl Granola, they are a family granola business based in Shirley, MA. They make and sell loose granola in various bag sizes and sell primarily in New England area stores and also online on their site. They take great pride in their emphasis on local products made by hand with the highest quality ingredients.
There are many varieties of Golden Girl granola including Bluesberry, Chocolate Decadence, Creative Cranberry, Forest Maple, Home Sweet Honey, Original, and Truly Tropical. Here’s a sneak peek at their line-up of products:
Throughout the past couple of years I finally tweaked my pancake recipe to one where we all enjoy in your family. This recipe is egg, dairy and peanut free.
With the addition of granola in the recipe and atop these pancakes, they have really been taken to a new level. I will admit that my husband was a tad skeptical of the granola inside them, but after trying them he was hooked!
It was my first time trying the Bluesberry variety of Golden Girl Granola and it is so delicious! Golden Girl Bluesberry is “a homegrown medley of blueberries and pure maple syrup combined with toasted almonds and coconut to make a true New England favorite.”
The Golden Girl Bluesberry variety ingredients are:
- rolled oats
- pure maple syrup
- non-GMO/expeller-pressed canola oil
- dried blueberries (blueberries, sucrose, sunflower oil)
- brown sugar
- sea salt
I topped these pancakes with additional Bluesberry Granola lightly toasted on the stove, maple syrup and additional fresh blueberries.
These pancakes are perfect to add into your breakfast or brunch rotation – both for special occasions or everyday, because who I am to judge if you want to eat pancakes everyday!
I just wanted to add one more thing before I get to the recipe for those of you with allergies:
-Golden Girl Granolas kitchen is wheat-free. Oats do not naturally contain gluten, but may become cross-contaminated in the processing facilities before they reach them.
-Golden Girl Granola uses almonds, cashews and coconut in their granolas. None of the products contain peanuts.
-Golden Girl Granola shares a kitchen with another bakery and they make cookies that have Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in them, but the granola never comes in contact with the cookies. They are not baked in the same pans or oven, nor are the PB Cups stored near any of our ingredients. For those that are extremely sensitive to peanuts they would advise caution, but otherwise there should be no risk.
Thank you Golden Girl Granola for challenging me to come up with a new recipe and for allowing me to partake in the blogger challenge! Wish me luck, I would love to win a year’s worth of granola! And don’t forget if you aren’t in the New England area you can order directly via their online store.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy-free milk of your choice (I have had good results with coconut and almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Golden Girl Bluesberry Granola (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (plus more for topping)
- Oil for greasing pan
- Preheat electric skillet to 350 degrees or griddle on medium heat.
- In a medium bowl combine whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- In a small blow whisk together milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until throughly blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Fold in granola and blueberries.
- Lightly grease the cooking surface.
- Scoop pancake batter onto warm skillet and cook for about 3 minutes, then flip.
- After flipping cook for about 2 additional minutes until pancakes are golden brown.
- Repeat cooking process for remainder of the batter.
- After removing from the skillet, you can top with additional Bluesberry Granola, fresh blueberries, and maple syrup.