Have you heard from the Freedom Foods line of products yet? If you have food allergies or a child with food allergies you’ll want to definitely check them out. This post isn’t sponsored by them, but I just wanted to share our love for their products which range from cereals to bars to spread to baking products.
One of my daughters favorite product of their is the Fruity Rainbow Rocks cereal, which is what we used to make these delicious bars.
(photo courtesy of Freedom Foods)
This cereal is free from gluten, wheat, nuts, egg, dairy, soy, sesame, yeast, is non-gmo project approved, preservative free, kosher certified, vegan, low in salt, and good source of fiber.
Growing up my Mom used to make us fruity cereal bars with another brand of artificially ladened cereal, and I love that I can now make these same bars by using a cereal that doesn’t contain all the added artificial ingredients.
These bars contain no dairy, eggs, gluten or nuts, so make a great treat for those kids with food allergies. They are also a good snack bar that you could take to school for a party or special event.
This is also a fun recipe to make with your kids. They will love measuring out the cereal and helping with the stirring of the cereal into the marshmallow and coconut oil.
I really do love making cereal bars – they are simple to do and I such a delicious treat. The gooey marshmallow gets me every time!
My daughter loved these bars and with them being so easy to make they are a fun and simple dessert to take to a family party or to make for a playdate with friends. I guarantee they won’t last!
By subbing coconut oil for the butter that these bars usually call for you have a healthy option that is dairy-free.
Grab this easy recipe below and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 package (10 oz) Marshmallows (I used Dandies®)
- 6 cups Freedom Foods® Rainbow Rocks Cereal
- Cost 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Over low heat melt coconut oil in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir into coconut oil until they are completely melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add Freedom Foods® Rainbow Rocks Cereal into coconut oil/marshmallow mixture and stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into pan and allow to cool
- Once cool cut into squares (approx 2-inches each.)