Today I’m sharing my version of chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies which calls for no eggs. They are perfectly chewy and moist and taste delicious, so don’t worry, you won’t miss the eggs in these, they are great egg-less cookie, whether you just ran out of eggs or if you have food allergies. They also contain no soy and no nuts, and you can easily make them dairy-free with your safe dairy-free butter.
I made these for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend and don’t these look like so much fun!?
I love how the sprinkles jazz up the cookie and make these festive for the holiday. This was my daughters first time trying sprinkles and she kept saying “these candies are good!” (you can see her little hand reaching for them in the below photo.)
While we try not to have too much ‘junk’ in the house I do occasionally let her enjoy some treats if I can find them allergy-friendly of course. She’s pointed to sprinkles many times on the shelves and I am glad she got to try them! I believe in moderation and these cookies are a treat for the holiday weekend, and really, these are perfect for Memorial Day or any day – just don’t add the sprinkles of course.
Check out the recipe below and leave a comment if you give them a try! Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!
- 1 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup boiling Water
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Beat Butter, Sugar and Vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and Salt. Mix well.
- Dissolve Baking Soda in boiling Water & add to mixture.
- Stir in Rolled Oats & Chocolate Chips.
- Drop spoonful onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on rack for a couple minutes then transfer to cool on wire racks.