Today is the second day of allergy-friendly Valentine Sweets for Your Sweets, where I will be sharing a new sweet recipe each day until Valentine’s Day!
Today’s recipe for Strawberry Marshmallow Skewers is a super simple one and requires no baking, just a little melting of chocolate over the stove. This is top 8 allergen free if you chose a different brand of marshmallow (Dandies, which we used, contain soy.)
This recipe requires just three ingredients:
- Strawberries (fresh, washed and dried)
- Marshmallows (I love Dandies!)
- Chocolate (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips is what I used.)
You’ll also need some skewers. I love these from Michael’s, they are just the perfect length and not too sharp (like wooden ones are.)
Here are the easy steps:
- Wash and dry the strawberries and cut stems off. You can also shape them to look like hearts which I sort of did below.
- Cut the marshmallows using a small heart cookie cutter.
- Place onto skewers, alternating a marshmallow, a strawberry, a marshmallow, a strawberry.
- Melt your chocolate & drizzle a top (see next photo)
You’ll want to melt your chocolate over a double boiler atop the stove or in the microwave ~ whichever method you prefer. While still hot drizzle the melted chocolate across the strawberries and marshmallows.
Allow the chocolate to dry thoroughly. To speed up the process you can place in the fridge!
Next it’s time to serve and enjoy this simple allergy-friendly Valentine’s treat!
These are perfect for adults and kids. My daughter loved these simple, delicious treats, and I know you and your family will too!
Be sure to check back each day until Valentine’s Day for a new allergy-friendly recipe and leave a comment below if you make any of these sweets! Happy Valentine’s Day!