Today I am kicking off a new feature of allergy-friendly Valentine Sweets for Your Sweets, where I will be sharing a new sweet recipe each day until Valentine’s Day!
Today’s recipe is for pan brownies, and these are just the cutest and yummiest brownies ❤️
Pan brownies are perfect for a large crowd, school party treat, or for your Valentine’s party or February birthday. This recipe is dairy, egg, and nut free and easy to make.
You can use any shape cookie cutter for this recipe ~ of course for Valentine’s day I chose to use hearts ❤️
The best trick in making these brownies are that you’ll want to make sure you allow them to completely cool before cutting with the cookie cutters.
To dress these up a bit I sprinkled with sifted confectioner’s sugar and placed them onto heart doilies.
This recipe calls for optional chocolate chips. I love the taste of chocolate chips in brownies and added them, but you can certainly exclude them from the recipe and they will taste great without as well.
As mentioned above you can use any shape cookie cutter you’d like. I also made some mini heart brownies and these would be great for the littles!
My daughter and I enjoyed these brownies immensely. They are super chocolatey and you won’t miss the eggs or dairy in them.
Sorry for all the photos, I am just smitten with these brownies, taste delicious and look adorable.
Grab the recipe below ~ and enjoy!
- 2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup milk substitute (almond, coconut, rice, flax, soy)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter substitute (earth balance or melt)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking pan lightly.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips.)
- In a medium bowl combine wet ingredients throughly.
- Take wet ingredients and combine into dry ingredients.
- Spread batter onto a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.