Today is the third day of allergy-friendly Valentine Sweets for Your Sweets, where I will be sharing a new sweet recipe each day until Valentine’s Day!
Today’s recipe is for Cinnamon Roll Rice Cereal Treats! These are a delicious spin on typical rice cereal treats, and are egg, dairy and nut free.
My Mom loved making us rice cereal treats growing up and when I was craving a cinnamon roll last week I wondered how I could merge both, and the outcome was pure heaven.
Using heart cookie cutters make these a sweet heart treat for both adults and kids!
Grab the simple recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 x 10 oz. bag of marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter alternative
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups of rice cereal
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (optional)
- In large saucepan melt butter alternative over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Once marshmallows are melted stir in coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add rice cereal.
- Add cinnamon chips (optional.)
- Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut into shapes (or cut into squares.)