I was super excited when Enjoy Life Foods reached out to me saying they were sending some goodies my way to take part in their #SpringFreely Dirt Cup recipe sharing throughout this Spring.
As you can see, I decided to take a different spin on dirt cups and make a dirt garden, which I absolutely adore!
Of the Enjoy Life Foods products this recipe calls for:
- Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix
- Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chips, melted
- Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, crushed
- Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies, crushed
I took many liberties with this one… including using items that aren’t edible and would have to be removed prior to eating (which to me is no biggie.) I also had my daughter help with this recipe and building the garden and it was such a fun project to do together.
As you can see we used many different elements to build our garden. The hardest thing to make was the little fence. I knew it had to be to scale so decided on toothpicks. Up late one Friday night this fence was built using the toothpicks and crazy glue ~ and seriously took at least 2 hours, but I was determined, and I love how it turned out.
Many of the other items were found at my local craft store, and of course I had to add a beehive!
You don’t have to get some in-depth with your #SpringFreely dirt cups, this is just one fun idea I tried and my family loved it. There is just something about working with these small things that make it oh so cute!
And in case you didn’t know, all Enjoy Life products are free-from the eight most common food allergens in the United States – wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish. In addition, their products are made in a nut-free facility. You can check out their FAQs here as well if you are uncertain about your allergens or have any questions.
Check out the recipe below, which is free from dairy, eggs, soy, nuts, and gluten ~ and #SpringFreely this season!
Makes 4 Servings
INGREDIENTS: Chocolate Pudding:
- 1 avocado
- ¼ C. rice milk
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ C. Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix
- 2 T. Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chips, melted
- 8 Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, crushed
- 8 Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies, crushed
- ½ C. dairy-free whipped topping
- Allergy-friendly gummy worms – we like Surf Sweets® Gummy Worms!
- Kale & berries to make a garden patch!
- Plastic flowers
- Blend chocolate pudding ingredients together until smooth.
- Layer the chocolate pudding, crushed Crunchy Cookies and dairy-free whipped topping to make “dirt” layers.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- “Dig” in!
Share this springtime favorite with your friends using #SpringFreely!