Recently I was able to try to start adding egg back into my diet as my youngest gets older and we are doing food introduction with him. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make first and I remember making these a while back and they jumped back into my mind again, they are so good and require only 5 ingredients.
Since we don’t manage any tree nut allergies in our home we use a lot of almond butter in our day-t0-day diets. If you are allergic to almonds this cookie isn’t for you (sorry!)
These cookies are gluten free though, and require no flour. For sugar I like to use coconut sugar, and for the chocolate chips I always go with our dairy-free and vegan favorites, Enjoy Life Foods.
I love how simple these cookies are to make and require no use of a hand mixer.
For almond butter, you can use a jarred almond butter or make your own. I do find when I make my own almond butter for it to be a little more drier and also grainer, so if you are using your own made almond butter I suggest adding a little oil in it to help with this.
These cookies are so good and packed a good amount of protein from the almond butter, that I may or may not have snuck some of these for breakfast one morning!
Enjoy this recipe below and leave a comment if you give them a try, I love to hear from my readers.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet (dairy-free) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the almond butter, the egg, and the vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut sugar and blend until combined.
- Taking dough as one tablespoon at a time, roll the dough into one and a quarter-inch balls.
- Place balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Using a fork, slightly flatten the balls slightly to about a half-inch thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let sit on the tray for 2 minutes and then more to cool to a wired rack.
- Use vegan / dairy-free chocolate chips to make these dairy-free if desired.