Welcome to Day 7 of my 12 Days of Allergy-Friendly Favorites! (If you missed the last six days, check them out here: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6) Throughout these 12 days I am sharing some of my favorite products and companies with you. Some of these make wonderful gifts to someone with food allergies (or a parent,) and show that you really care about them and their food allergies. Please note I was not paid to write about any of these companies and all opinions are my own.
(While this is a guide to help you with gift ideas, please always do your own research and to use this article as an aid when choosing what foods, products, and companies are safe for you, your (food allergy) family, and friends with food allergies. The author makes no claims regarding the presence of food allergens and disclaims all liability in connection with the use of this article and site.)
From bracelets to cases to shirts to stickers, the number of accessories and options for medical jewelry is growing. So many of these companies were started by Moms who saw a need in the market for their food allergic children. The inspiration behind many of these brands and companies can be found on their websites and I encourage you to read through them, so many of their stories are relatable and I applaud them for helping us food allergy families a bit easier. Check out some of the companies and products below:
- Allerbling – The Allerbling wristband is a unique medical ID bracelet, which is customizable by you, at any time, based on your child’s changing food allergic conditions. You order a main bracelet and then you can add on food allergy charms based on your child’s food allergies. They are currently working on adding more charms, include Latex, Asthma, I carry Allergy Injector and Diabetes charms. Shop here and use the “THKS” in the coupon code area, for 10% off all products.
- Allergy Superheros – Allergy Superheroes carries a fun line of heroic food allergy gear that brings to light the menacing dangers of food allergies. Their product line includes t-shirts, buttons, stickers, and wristbands. They also carry products for adults too! I really love the stickers and buttons which are great to put on for birthday parties, outings like the park and museum – places in public where you may take an eye of your child and they could potentially be offered food – these are noticeable and a great alert to others. You can view their Superhero line-up here and shop their products here.
- Allermates – Allermates brings us fun, simple solutions to help safeguard kids with allergies, asthma & more! Their assortment of products keeps expanding- currently they have activity books, bracelets, dog tags, labels & stickers, lunch & snack bags, medicine cases & bags, and posters. Shop here!
- Blue Bear Aware – Blue Bear Aware carries a variety of products from autoinjector cases, food allergy alert clothing, badges and labels, and books and stationary. The shirts have some great sayings and graphics, I especially love “Don’t Horse Around, Nuts Ain’t for Me” Fitted Long Sleeve Tee. Shop their many products here.
- Mabels Labels – Mabels Labels sells a very wide range of labels for your every need. Their allergy stickers are available in a choice of 8 common allergies, and are perfect for school, daycare, camp and everywhere else busy kids go. They’re sure to grab attention and keep everyone safe. You can choose from: Dairy, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Peanut, Shellfish, Soy, or Tree Nut Allergy. They also have customizable labels here.
- Nut Free Wear – Nut Free Wear carries a wide-range of shirts, reusable bags, stationary, and tattoos. Their products are both educational and functional and raise nut allergy awareness with positive messaging. The shirts are soft and comfortable that your child will want to wear them regardless of the message. I love the “Happy to be Nut free” shirt pictured below. Shop here.
- Safe & Happy Family – Safe & Happy Family strives to “make the lives of food allergy families safer, easier, and more fun!” I love their wide-range of products – from platters, to cutting boards, tags, and some of our favorite allergy-friendly foods – they have you covered. They even have bundled some items together, like the newly diagnosed bundle pictured below to help you get start on your food allergy journey. I also love their mug that reads “I might not be Wonder Woman, but I am a Food Allergy Mom. It’s Kinda the Same Thing.” Shop here.
- Smart Allergy Friendly Education (S.A.F.E.( labels – S.A.F.E. Food Allergy Labels are designed to be placed on food items that are safe for your food allergic child. They are brightly colored, easy to identify labels they are great for your pantry, food cabinets and school snack boxes! If you have multiple children with food allergies you can chose a different color for each child and also write their name on the label. Great for school trips and to help babysitters identify what is safe for them. Available in small or large sizes and a variety of colors. Shop here.
Have you tried any of these products? Leave a comment with some of your favorite allergy-friendly jewelry and accessories!
Don’t forget to come back each day to check out more of my allergy-friendly favorites (tomorrow I will be sharing my favorite kitchen appliances!) And on Day 13 (December 13th,) join me for a big giveaway of some of the products I have featured here. One lucky winner will win a bundle of products worth over $750!
This site is not intended to provide medical advice. The suggestions here are not intended as dietary advice or as a substitute for consulting a dietician, physician, or other medical professional. It is the reader’s sole responsibility to determine which foods are appropriate and safe for his or her family to consume. Always consult your doctor. The author makes no claims regarding the presence of food allergens and disclaims all liability in connection with the use of this site.