Welcome to Day 2 of my 12 Days of Allergy-Friendly Favorites! If you missed Day 1, you can see my favorite baked goods here. Throughout the next 11 days I will continue to share some of my favorite products and companies with you. Some of these make wonderful gifts to someone with food allergies (or a parent,) and show that you really care about them and their food allergies. Please note I was not paid to write about any of these companies and all opinions are my own.
(While this is a guide to help you with gift ideas, please always do your own research and to use this article as an aid when choosing what foods, products, and companies are safe for you, your (food allergy) family, and friends with food allergies. The author makes no claims regarding the presence of food allergens and disclaims all liability in connection with the use of this article and site.)
With food allergies baking and cooking are so important. Here are some of my favorite baking and cooking items! (Remember to check for your allergens before using.)
- Bobs Red Mill – Someone asked me recently if I could meet one celebrity who would it be… I thought long and hard and Bob Moore made my list (is he even considered a celebrity!?) I love the background story of Bobs Red Mill (read about it here,) and how he generously gave his employees his business on his 81st birthday. I also love his products. They are produced in a peanut and egg free facility, their amazing product assortment which seems to be growing everyday, and their products are top notch. Bob helps me out in the kitchen a lot! Bobs Red Mill seems to label their products well for top 8 allergens – and it should be mentioned that they do have tree nuts and soy in their facility. As far as gluten they thoroughly batch test every gluten free product in their quality control laboratory upon delivery, during production and after packaging. As always, I recommend reading their labels and double check by calling on a particular product to assure you feel comfortable using. Just like Bob, their customer service reps seem to be always smiling.
- CherryBrook Kitchen – From cake mixes to frostings, CherryBrook Kitchen helps you when you aren’t super skilled in the kitchen or in a rush to make a quick batch of cupcakes for your little ones. We love their pancake mix, it is a staple in our house, and I always have a cupcake mix box on hand for last minute party invites (we always bring my daughter a safe cupcake for parties we attend.) All mixes and ready-to-spread frostings are prepared in a peanut-free and tree-nut free facility and are produced on dedicated equipment that does not produce dairy or egg products. They also test for the presence of peanuts, dairy, and eggs and also for gluten in their gluten-free mixes and ready-to-spread frostings.
- Enjoy Life Foods – Many know Enjoy Life Foods from their cookies and chocolate chips, but did you know that they recently launched a new line of baking mixes!? Enjoy Life was one of my first allergy-friendly purchases and I continue to use their chocolate chips and chunks almost on a weekly basis when I bake. Their chocolate chunks make amazing cookies (grab my favorite recipe here,) and love their new muffin mix (check out my coconut blackberry muffins here.) All Enjoy Life products are free-from the eight most common food allergens in the United States, with most being made in their own dedicated nut-free facility.
- Massel – If you haven’t heard of Massel, they make bouillon, liquid stock, and seasonings for cooking. Massel products are top 8 free, GMO free, and are vegetable based. Also, Massel’s factory facilities are entirely gluten free. So there is no danger of cross contamination. If you aren’t sure where to purchase their products, use their store locator on their site.
- Namaste – Namaste products include cake, cookie, coating mixes, and more and all of their products are all GMO-free and do not contain wheat, gluten, corn, soy, potato, dairy, casein, tree nuts or peanuts, and are made in a dedicated allergen-free facility and – they are seriously mouth-watering! Earlier this year I enjoyed reviewing them and making a fun and yummy pizza!
- Winona Pure – Winona Pure Oils are all manufactured in a peanut, tree nut and sesame-free facility. Their specialized packaging allows them to offer Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Canola, Sunflower and Popcorn Butter flavored oils in a convenient spray without the need for chemical propellants or additives. Use their store locator online or shop directly on their site.
I hope my favorite baking and cooking items listed will help you to discover some new products and companies. Have you tried any of these products? Leave a comment with some of your favorite allergy-friendly baking and cooking items!
Don’t forget to come back each day to check out more of my allergy-friendly favorites (tomorrow I will be sharing places to send charitable donations to!) And on Day 13 (December 13th,) join me for a big giveaway of some of the products I have featured here. One lucky winner will win a bundle of products worth over $750!
This site is not intended to provide medical advice. The suggestions here are not intended as dietary advice or as a substitute for consulting a dietician, physician, or other medical professional. It is the reader’s sole responsibility to determine which foods are appropriate and safe for his or her family to consume. Always consult your doctor. The author makes no claims regarding the presence of food allergens and disclaims all liability in connection with the use of this site.