Welcome to Day 11 of my 12 Days of Allergy-Friendly Favorites! (If you missed the last 10 days, check them out here: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10.) Throughout the next 2 days I am sharing some of my favorite products and companies with you. Some of these make wonderful gifts to someone with food allergies (or a parent,) and show that you really care about them and their food allergies. Please note I was not paid to write about any of these companies and all opinions are my own.
(While this is a guide to help you with gift ideas, please always do your own research and to use this article as an aid when choosing what foods, products, and companies are safe for you, your (food allergy) family, and friends with food allergies. The author makes no claims regarding the presence of food allergens and disclaims all liability in connection with the use of this article and site.)
- Beanfield Snacks – Beanfields Chips are Non-GMO Project verified, certified gluten free, vegan, contain no corn ingredients, or any top 8 allergens. The chips are sold in premium stores all over the USA and Canada. They are available in seven flavors, including Ranch, Barbecue, Sea Salt, Nacho, Pico de Gallo, Salt n’ Pepper, and Unsalted. Check out their store locator here.
- Biena Foods – Biena Foods makes chickpea snacks that are produced in a peanut-free facility and are a treaty protein-packed crunchy snack. Please note they are produced in a facility where tree nuts, dairy and soy may be present. They use all-natural ingredients and their snacks are Non-GMO Verified. Biena is made from scratch in the USA. Store locator here.
- Dandies / Chicago Vegan Foods – Dandies are our go-to marshmallow! They are air puffed, giving them a traditional marshmallow texture and flavor, and are perfect for any application: s’mores, crisp rice treats, and even roasting over a fire! They contain no dairy, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts. Check out their store locator here.
- Don’t Go Nuts – Don’t Go Nuts products are produced in a peanut, tree nut, egg, and sesame free facility. They make a wide variety of energy bars (and soy butters,) with flavors like blueberry blast bar, whitewater chomp bar, and gorilla power bar. The energy bars do contain dairy and produced in a facility with the soy butters. Check out their store locator here.
- Enjoy Life Foods – All Enjoy Life products are free-from the eight most common food allergens in the United States, with most being made in their own dedicated nut-free facility. Our favorite is a toss up between the chocolate chip and double chocolate chip cookies, and many of their items can be found in mainstream grocers. They also have a line of snack bars, including chewy bars and decadent bars.
- Gerbs – Gerbs entire line is free from the Top 11 Recognized Allergen’s, and they inspect, roast, package, store, and ship all their lines to ensure they are: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Legume Free (which includes beans, peas, lentils, chick peas, lupine), Soy Free, Egg Free, Sesame Free, Milk/Dairy Free, Fish Free, Crustacean Free, Shellfish Free, and Mustard Free. They carry a large selection of items: seeds, flours, dried fruit, seed butters, rice, coffee, chocolate, cocoa powder, and more. If you haven’t shopped them, they have great customer service and you can order directly online.
- Good Health Snacks – Good Health Snacks makes a wide-range of snacks including popcorn, apple chips and veggie chips. All of the Good Health Snacks products are egg free and produced in egg free facilities. In addition, all of snacks are peanut/tree nut free EXCEPT:
– Popped Crisps (All Flavors) (peanuts/tree nuts in facility)
– Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels ( Contains peanuts; tree nuts in facility)
– Half Naked Popcorn (Organic & Wild Blue Buffalo) (peanuts/tree nuts in facility) You can check out their store locator here.
- Pascha – All of the Pascha products are made in an allergy friendly facility. In addition to being free from the Top 8 allergens (milk, eggs, fish, Crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans), all PASCHA products are FREE FROM the following: gluten, oats, barley, coconut, sesame, sulfites, mustard, legumes (including peas), sunflower, cherries, raspberries, kiwi, grapes, sage, and sorghum. Their chocolate product line is growing and currently they make chocolate bars, chips, and new mini bars. Check out their store locator here.
- Peter Rabbit Organics – Peter Rabbit Organics makes a line of organic 100% fruit / 100% vegetable pouches, with no water added. They are perfect for the younger children and for travel. There are no eggs, peanuts, or tree nuts are processed in the Peter Rabbit facility. Check out their store locator here.
- SkinnyPop – SkinnyPop is manufactured in their allergen free production facility that is peanut free, tree nut free, soy free and dairy free. All popcorn is naturally gluten free and their products have been certified as Gluten Free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization. You can shop online here or pick up their popcorns in many mainstream grocers.
- Sun Cups – Sun Cups chocolates include sunflower butter cups – dark chocolate and milk chocolate and also a caramel and mint cup. They also make milk and dark chocolate bars. Sun Cups products are delicious and are safe for tree nut, peanut, gluten, egg, soy, fish and shellfish allergies, they also do not include corn, sesame, coconut and mustard. Please note they do contain dairy. You can order directly online or check out their store locator here.
- Surf Sweets – Surf Sweets are made and packaged in a facility free of the 10 most common food allergens, including dairy/casein, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, sesame and sulfites. Their product range of tasty sweets keeps growing – jelly beans, gummy bears, peach rings, watermelon rings, gummy warms, and sour bears too. Check out their store locator here.
- Tiger Nuts – Tiger Nuts are actually NOT nuts, they are a tuber that grows below the ground’s surface. They have all of the nutrients and energy benefits of nuts and then some, but without the stuff that can adversely affect allergies. You can purchase online or check out their store locator here.
- Vermont Nut Free – Vermont Nut Free carries a wide-range of chocolate and dipped candies. All of their products are handmade from scratch in their own nut free facility. Please note that they do make some products that contain eggs, soy lecithin, and/or dairy products in their facility on shared production equipment. They do not use any coconut or sesame in their products. You can view their ingredients list here. Purchase directly online or check out their store locator here.
Have you tried any of these products? Leave a comment with some of your favorite allergy-friendly snacks!
Don’t forget to come back each day to check out more of my allergy-friendly favorites (tomorrow I will be sharing my favorite teaching tools!) And on Day 13 (December 13th,) join me for a big giveaway of some of the products I have featured here. One lucky winner will win a bundle of products worth over $750!
This site is not intended to provide medical advice. The suggestions here are not intended as dietary advice or as a substitute for consulting a dietician, physician, or other medical professional. It is the reader’s sole responsibility to determine which foods are appropriate and safe for his or her family to consume. Always consult your doctor. The author makes no claims regarding the presence of food allergens and disclaims all liability in connection with the use of this site.